XML patterns

Hans N Beck hnbeck at t-online.de
Sun Jun 19 21:05:14 UTC 2005

Hi,

> I have an object that I want to serialize in XML now this object
> contains a date object
> of course I can save it explicitly as a string and do a readFrom....
> But I wanted to know if there is a more advance serialization process.

What means "more advance" ? In the last consequence, you always must
read/write strings ? I could imagine that it would perhaps an
advantage if you could express serialization in mappings of objects,
something like f: A -> B where A is the set of syntactical possible
objects in Language A  and B is a set of allowed objects in XML DOM (-
 > the nodes), so you can say the object "collection" maps to
<collection><item><itemClass>...</
itemClass><itemValue>...<itemValue></item>...</collection>. So you
have a API level in the mid (like .Net)
Or completly different ?

Greetings

Hans