Increasing image size, how to reduce?

Alan L. Lovejoy sager at vendor-mail.net
Wed Jun 22 19:20:05 UTC 2005

Patrick:

Using Behavior>>allInstancesDo:, Object>>someObject,
ProtoObject>>nextObject, and ProtoObject>>pointsTo:, it is possible to
compute the transitive closure (as a graph) of all the objects that
reference a particular object (such as BitMap.)  Careful anaylysis of the
object reference graph of the mystery BitMaps should enable you to figure
out why they are strongly referenced, and so not being garbage collected.

Perhaps a utility for this purpose already exists for Squeak.  It does for
VisualWorks.

--Alan