[ANN] Alternate PostgreSQL interface update

Jim Menard jimm at io.com
Mon Jun 27 16:49:34 UTC 2005

Avi,

> On 6/27/05, Jim Menard <jimm at io.com> wrote:
>
>>A few years ago, I released an alternate PostgreSQL interface for Squeak.
>>Recently, Leonardo Cecchi (l.cecchi at mind-informatica.com) greatly improved
>>upon the code by fixing some bugs, adding SmalltalkX compatability, and
>>creating SUnit tests.
>>
>>http://www.io.com/~jimm/projects/squeak_postgresql/
>

> What were the motivations behind writing this instead of using the
> other implementation?  How do they differ?

I wrote mine for fun, to learn the PostgreSQL client interface, and to improve
my moderate Smalltalk skills.

Honestly, I'm not sure how it differs from the existing interface because I
don't use either one. I only dabble with Smalltalk, and have not yet created
any applications that require persistence outside the image itself.

Jim
--
Jim Menard, jimm at io.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm
"You will notice that BeOS has taken the best parts from all the major