Beware, squeak.org repointed!

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Jun 28 11:59:52 UTC 2005

Hi!

Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com> wrote:
> And there was much rejoicing! Thanks for getting this done.

:)

> So if I'm not mistaken, squeak.org shows the same site but on a new
> server, and squeak.org:7777 will be rolled out there "when it's ready".

Exactemente. It is now running under apache2 on
box1.squeakfoundation.org. Well, "the same" but edited a bit. :)

And the squeak.org domain is now managed on the DNS server on box1,
which means we could set up for example mail.squeak.org etc.

And one thing we have already done is to set up ftp://ftp.squeak.org -
which from now on is the preferred primary archive of files and is the
area which Bruce maintains. It is the same area accessible as
http://box1.squeakfoundation.org/files - we should of course make a more
suitable http-url - like say http://ftp.squeak.org or
http://files.squeak.org or whatever. Opinions?

regards, Göran