[BUG] VMMaker/M17N/OSProcess issue

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at techunix.technion.ac.il
Wed Jun 29 11:06:33 UTC 2005

Some funny things and questions:
1. I've now managed to build XDCP, put it in the plugin directory. Test
still fail. Stop Squeak and restart, tests pass. Aren't plugins supposed
to be loaded on demand? why did I have to stop and restart?
2. Now I get 100 tests, all green. Before I got 121, 66 green. So I
suspect before I ran some extraneous tests. How many tests should be run
for the UnixProcess*TestCase? I get 102 green, when I run add
OSPipeTestCase. That's everything under Tests-OSProcess. Is there any
other test I should run?
3. XDCP code is under yet another class category, VMConstruction.
4. I wanted to build only new external plugins (to add to an existing
VM). So in VMMaker, I said, "generate external plugins". When I ran
configure, I got an error that the file plugin.int is missing. This was
corrected when in VMM, I generated everything, and tried again. Why is
this needed?

Daniel