IRCe - new features

Frank Caggiano frankcag at crystal-objects.com
Wed Mar 2 03:50:24 UTC 2005

If you are using IRCe (and if you're not why not?) I just put a new
version on SqueakSource, 10.5.3.

http links are clickable.
Tabbed completion of nicks was already in the code but now if the nick
starts the line a ';' is appended. If the nick is inline no : is
appended.  (Thanks to Ken for suggesting this).

Know problems: Right now the code assumes the link ends with a space or
ends the text line.  If the link ends with another char (such as . or )
) that char gets included in the link.

If mIrc colors is selected in the setup>current options window the link
color will not change. The link is still clickable however.

The browser opened will be whatever the default browser is in your
image. As scamper isn't really of much use right now you may want to
load 'ExternalWebBrowser' from SqueakMap. I've been using i for some
time now and It works great for all URL's not just IRCe. If your on a
Mac you may want to also load 'Applescript' from SqueakMap.

I'm not much of an IRC user. My exposure to other clients is limited so
I'm not sure what features others may find  useful in a client. So if
you have any suggestions, comments or criticisms let me know.

regards

Frank Caggiano
frankcag at crystal-objects dot com
http://www.crystal-objects.com

The best education for the best is the best education for all.
					Robert Maynard Hutchins