scamper problem

Michael Rueger michael at impara.de
Thu Mar 3 15:02:24 UTC 2005

goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:

> You may omit <host> implying "localhost" (thus getting 3 slashes in a
> row), but that is it. The path is always absolute according to the
> standard, but in Squeak you can still tell the URL if it should be

for the gazilionst time:
relative URIs/URLs are allowed by the standard
(http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2396.html).

They just have to be resolved against an absolute URI in order to access
the resource identified/located by it.

And the URLs in Squeak are still broken and should be replaced by one of
the existing standard compliant URI implementations.

OK, stepping of my soap box with the broken record sounding...

Michael