Window colours

Frank Shearar Frank.Shearar at rnid.org.uk
Thu Mar 3 15:13:54 UTC 2005

Ned Konz <ned at squeakland.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 02 March 2005 6:13 am, Frank Shearar wrote:
>
> > I see that sending one of the #open* messages calls
> #paneColor which, under
> > some conditions (model notNil being the most important),
> will ask the model
> > for its #defaultBackgroundColor.
> >
> > I can't see how it gets the window colour from the
> > #windowColourSpecification though. MethodFinder gives me
> three senders:
> > Finder class>>windowColourSpecification just delegates to
> > RefactoringBrowser class>>windowColourSpecification, TestRunner
> > class>>initialize does The Rude Thing and calls Preferences
> > class>>setWindowColorFor:to: and Preferences
> class>>windowColorTable just
> > returns an Array containing implementors of
> #windowColorSpecification...
> >
> > Thanks for the answers, Ned!
>
> Yes, and it's Preferences that keeps track of the colors,
> since you can change
> the window colors from the prefs panel (have you seen this?).
>
> That's used to set up Preferences param #windowColors, which
> finally is used
> to answer windowColorFor:.

Ah, OK. I didn't know about the window colour dialog. Interestingly enough, it showed my ImageMapEditor's colour as white (which is why SystemWindow "ignored" my #windowColorSpecification - here I thought I'd set a colour of a sort've minty green, when it was actually white!). While I was fiddling with the dialog, I tried out the Pastel and White sections. When I changed back to the Bright settings, my ImageMapEditor suddenly showed the correct colour! Et voila, it all Just Worked.

Thanks again, Ned!

frank

This email and attachments (if any) must be swept for viruses before opening. Their contents may be confidential or privileged and are intended solely for the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient and you have received this email in error you must not read or use this email and should notify RNID on: +44 (0) 20 7296 8282.

RNID, Registered Office 19-23 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8SL No. 454169 (England, Registered Charity No. 207720)