Finding module names to call libc functions using FFI

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at fast-mail.org
Thu Mar 3 23:56:43 UTC 2005

Cees de Groot wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 16:05:38 -0500, Jason Rogers
> <jacaetevha at fast-mail.org> wrote:
>
>> While it's not an elegant solution couldn't you get a listing of
>> files  in /lib and "figure out" which one to use?  Wouldn't the
>> pattern would  always be (pardon the RegEx)
>> "\/lib\/libc\.so(\.[0-9]+){0,2}"?
>>
> For Linux, yes. But on other *nix systems, no - I think that thas was
> what  Ned was having a problem with.

Sorry, I misinterpreted his question.  I thought the question was based
on the version of libc.  In that case, perhaps a mapping for different
*nix platforms would be OK.  Still, not the most elegant solution...

--
Jason Rogers

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved
me, and gave himself for me."
    Galatians 2:20