[REPORT] Report 1 from castaways (that name sucks...)

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Mar 3 01:46:41 UTC 2005

goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> > 	2. Get a bug tracker going so that we can see what specific packages
> > have open release-critical bugs in them.  Otherwise, the work in #1 is
> > much less useful, because we have no way to tell how stable different
> > packages are.
>
> For the "official packages" and for the staked out partitions of the
> image I simply think we should use Mantis just like we already do. We
> already use it for the image and for some packages.

Yes, but what about for other packages?  Mantis is not effective for
them, because it does not target bugs at individual packages.  It has
some notion of "projects", which might be usable, but not until something
is done to make the list have an option for every package.

Without a decent bug tracker, we can't do a great job of releasing
stable sets of packages.

-Lex