[REPORT] Report 1 from castaways (that name sucks...)

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Mar 4 11:26:00 UTC 2005

Hi goran

How do you see the process when people working in one task will clean
ugly dependency
for example on UI in compiler or other dark places such as
systemDictionary.
because we may end up having a lot of conflicting refactoring or boring
to merge after the fact.
We did that when KCP items where in the queue and this what not cool so
we simply slowed down
to avoid too much mess.

For example, I would really like that 3.9 offer a solution for
SystemDictionary/SmalltalkImage/..
I described what would be the best compromise so that after 3.9
everybody is happy but this can
be a long task and I imagine that some other tasks are of the same
level so what is the process?

Stef