scamper problem

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Mar 4 19:13:34 UTC 2005

It's being considered. In fact we've thought about support both at the
same time. However under the covers the carbon vm uses FSSpecs for the
most part
since it has code that runs on both os-9 and os-x. It also has full
alias support which is missing in the Unix version. It really comes
down to many
hours of work/testing to convert and write new code to handle this.
Also for this particular problem it still would affect os-8/9 users. I
will note that
it's fixed in later changesets not found in the older image I was
working with.

On Mar 4, 2005, at 12:13 AM, Todd Blanchard wrote:

> I'm curious why you don't deprecate the HFS+ pathing conventions and
> switch to unix style paths since the apis are there on OSX.
>
> On Mar 3, 2005, at 11:58 AM, John M McIntosh wrote:--
===