[ANN] GraphViz for Squeak

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Sat Mar 5 15:33:59 UTC 2005

On Friday 04 March 2005 7:04 am, Samir Saidani wrote:
> So I see in the GraphViz package that you are using the shell to call
> graphviz, it should be not difficult to port it for unix. For the
> scaling, graphviz is more efficient to deal with thousands of nodes
> and edges since it's written in C, but we could imagine to write some
> plugins in C to have a more efficient rendering for the other types of
> layout. But as far as I understand, once the graph is displayed, you
> cannot interact with the nodes ? i.e change the layout dynamically,
> inspect the nodes, and so one...

What I would like to see is to have a way to (for instance) express
connections in a Connectors-based diagram, call the methods to do layout, and
get data back that can be used to layout the existing morphs (which can then
be interacted with).

The "plain" output style of the graphviz tools is fine for this.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/