Anyone have a PackageInfo-Importers

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Thu Mar 10 05:48:00 UTC 2005

Alan Knight wrote:

> It would certainly be nice to be able to have Monticello able to talk
> directly to a Store repository.

Now that I can filein/out between Squeak and VW,
that particular itch has been scratched for now.

> The most serious obstacle to having non-VW systems talk directly to a Store
> repository is that Store uses BOSS, the VW serialization mechanism, for
> properties.

What kind of objects are properties?
Could they be made textual?
I don't see why a source code versioning system should
need object serialization. As it is, it seems unnecessary
to base-64 encode method source. (I suppose it's due
to LCD across RDB's).