bzip and Squeak

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at fast-mail.org
Thu Mar 10 20:48:23 UTC 2005

Markus Fritsche wrote:

> Jason Rogers wrote:
>
>> I need to be able to read it into memory and process it from there.
>

> IIRC, the bzip2 library offers no direct access to (de-)bzip'ped data.
> If you really need in-memory BZip2ReadStream and BZip2WriteStream, it
> seems that you'll have to it in Smalltalk.
>
> I found two OO-Implementations of bzip2, on for .NET (#ziplib) and a
> java one (bzip2.src.zip), which you could look at.
>
> Kind regards, Markus

Thanks.  I saw the Java implementation as well.  Perhaps this will be my
first attempt at porting code.

--
Jason Rogers

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved
me, and gave himself for me."
    Galatians 2:20