Traits playing

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Fri Mar 11 09:13:58 UTC 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:28:17 +0100, <goran.krampe at bluefish.se> wrote:

> 	- A tutorial. :) Making some traits, combining them into a class etc,
> worked just fine - but it would be great with a tutorial that actually
> went through all the mechanims including aliases and exclusions etc. But
> I guess there is no good point in making a tutorial until the UIs are
> there.

I'd like to do a traits tutorial based on the previously discussed MUD.
Traits seem perfect for a D&D style ruleset: All the creatures fit into
one or more classes (animal, undead, aberration, etc.). It makes a good
compare and contrast, too: there are a lot of shenanigans involved in
trying to shoehorn that into traditional inheritance rules. (I once set up
a Nethack-type game as a means to teach OO, so this is pretty familiar
territory for me.)

What I lack is a good, simple starting framework for setting the tutorial
in. :-/