OpenAL 1.1

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Sat Mar 12 19:28:58 UTC 2005

The Game Developers Conference ended this week and Creative discussed
OpenAL 1.1. This new version includes some extensions that may be
beneficial to me and potentially to others. In a previous msg Mark
mentioned that OpenAL plugins have been made and are used in Croquet. I
have a few questions:

* How can Squeak users obtain the plugins and use it in our current images?
* How can OpenAL plugins be integrated into 3.9 to be available for all?
* Has there been any discussion regarding extending the plugins to
OpenAL v1.1?
* To facilitate the migration from 1.0 to 1.1, the OpenAL community is
providing a few extensions to v1.0. One of the main issues of OpenAL,
for me anyway, is that it does not have facilities for recording.
Fortunately, this has changed in v1.1. The 1.0 recording extension is:
EXT_capture. Has anyone started work on this or on any other extensions?
(more info on extensions: http://openal.org/extensions.html)

brad

--
Hear us online: www.Sonaural.com