[GraphViz][GOODIE] Unix hooks for GraphViz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Mar 13 15:04:56 UTC 2005

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 07:34:45AM -0300, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> On 12/03/05 14:30, "David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>
> > It probably also will work with OS/X
> > (I'd appreciate if someone can confirm this). The GraphViz software
> > must of course also be installed (it was right there on my SuSE disks
> > all along, how about that :)
> Not for me.
>     <primitive: 'primitiveFileWrite' module: 'FilePlugin'>
>     self closed ifTrue: [^ self error: 'File is closed'].
>     self error: 'File write failed'.
>
> Seems I don't have FilePlugin, where I could search for ?.
>
> Odd, as I said in previous mail OSProcess lets me have some Unix inside
> Squeak

Hell Edgar,

FilePlugin is one of the plugins that is already included in your Squeak
VM, but the actual Smalltalk code is not present in your image unless you
load VMMaker.

But I do not think that this is the problem. Most likely it is just something
in GraphViz or OSProcess that is trying to open a file on your system, but
is not able to open the file. Maybe it is related to the problem you saw
with your Squeak shell using "/" as its default directory. It would not be
possible to open a file in this directory, so you might get an error like
'File write failed'.

Can you see (in the Squeak debugger) what method is trying to write to a file?

Dave