lists on gmane by default ?

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Wed Mar 16 20:15:22 UTC 2005

There are some really cool lists popping up which I'd like to drop in
and out of, browse the archives of and search in a comfortable way, etc.

Gmane is great for this. Adding a new list to gmane is a little tedious
though; finding out details, getting approval of the owner etc.

I think it would be nice if old and new public squeak lists were all
mirrored on gmane by default. This also makes it easier to find the
lists, which are distributed across various servers, to search them all
at once, etc.

Do you agree ? I think the easiest way would be for list owners and
anyone creating a new list to do this as a routine step. I'll make a
how-to if there isn't one already.