[ANN] v2 Package loading/unloading - fully functional

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Fri Mar 18 13:26:01 UTC 2005

Am 17.03.2005 um 11:34 schrieb Avi Bryant:

> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 01:30:50 +0100, Avi Bryant <avi.bryant at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:09:38 -0800, Ned Konz <ned at squeakland.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I think someone ate your code:
>>
>> It certainly sounds that way.  I'm too beat to look into it right now
>> but I'll check it out in the morning.
>
> So, yeah, I had forgotten to recategorize some extension methods and
> overrides.  Oops.  That's fixed now; look at PackageInfo 19 and
> Monticello 228 on SqueakSource.
>
> Note that I don't include the SARBuilding extensions, because they're
> (maybe) not necessary: Monticello just includes all those scripts as
> normal code elements within the .mcz.

Please, before it's too late, can we just use Strings in a
PackageInfo's preamble/post scripts? Currently they are StringHolders,
which is a Bad Idea.

I was bitten by this because I tried out the script button in
Monticello, and even though I closed the editor without accepting the
postscript was stored, saved with a package, so everyone else got a
walkback when trying to load that package in an older MC version. Sure,
we could fix this while still retaining the StringHolders in there, but
why? I'd prefer a clear separation of data and interface.

- Bert -