TrueType

Benjamin Schroeder benschroeder at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 15:07:25 UTC 2005

Hi Ron,

>>> I'm wanting to render a specific TrueType font to GIF for my web
>>> site. Thought at first that Squeak would be just the thing, but it
>>> appears that there's nothing out there. If I'm wrong -- and there is
>>> something out there -- please let me know.
>>>
>>> Otherwise I'll have to write a C# program to do it. Gack.

It sounds, from other replies to your question, like Squeak might be
able to do what you need "natively". However, if you end up wanting to
use .NET to do the rendering, you might find the Squeak/.NET bridge
handy. (It's a port of the one that John Pierce and I wrote for Ruby.)

It's available inside the image, from the SqueakMap package loader; or
from

	http://www.saltypickle.com/squeakdotnet

There's some documentation on the website.

The bridge would let you work with .NET from the more interactive
Smalltalk image.

Regards,
Ben Schroeder