TrueType

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Fri Mar 18 15:11:47 UTC 2005

On Friday 18 March 2005 6:44 am, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
> > OK, that offers a button Install TTF or something like that, and
> > seems to have done something ...
> >
> > But now the text appears
> >   a) more bold than in actual TTF -- it's outlined in black?
> >      How can I make it not be outlined?
>
>   What font did you load?
>
>   It doesn't outlining or anything by default.

Sounds like he's got a TTSampleFont morph.

That's produced by TTFontReader class>>openTTFFile: but in 3.8 I don't see
that appearing for a .ttf file. Wonder why that changed to only take a *.fnt
file?

If we change the code to be:

TTFontReader class>>
fileReaderServicesForFile: fullName suffix: suffix
 ^(#(fnt ttf '*') includes: suffix)
  ifTrue: [ self services]
  ifFalse: [#()]

Then we see the 'open true type font' choice again.

Anyway, Ron, to install a font, here's one way:

World menu/open.../file list

In the File browser, navigate to a TTF file.

Select it.

You'll see an "install ttf" button appear. Click that.

Repeat for other fonts in the same family if you want (if you're installing an
entire family, I think it may help to install the 'normal' or 'roman' (i.e.
not bold or italic) version first.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/