TrueType

Ron Jeffries ronjeffries at acm.org
Fri Mar 18 20:52:15 UTC 2005

On Friday, March 18, 2005, at 3:21:43 PM, Ned Konz wrote:

> On Friday 18 March 2005 11:51 am, Ron Jeffries wrote:
>> >   It doesn't outlining or anything by default.
>>
>> The example Ned gave does in fact show an outline around the letters:
>>
>> canvas := FormCanvas extent: 600 at 200 depth: 8.

> You missed my later message, where I suggested to use a depth of 16 or 32
> instead of 8.

That seems to make the black outlines go away (though /why/ I can't
begin to imagine). It's still cutting off the tops of letters and
the descenders, though.

The TextMorph does that as well. The font displays properly in Word
(excuse the obscenity, please).

Very confusing. Maybe I'll work on it when I have more time.

And I'm also wondering, just a little, why Squeak is using 15% of my
CPU while it's minimized. 100% when I'm on the Graphics page. But
that's a whole 'nother topic, I guess.

Ron Jeffries
www.XProgramming.com
Master your instrument, master the music,
and then forget all that *!xy!@ and just play.  -- Charlie Parker