Mac VM question

mds reifiedmind at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 18 23:11:56 UTC 2005

Dear John,

I'd like to thank you for your reply - it has clarified the distinction between
the VMs most aptly.

Using OS X from a largely Darwin-orientated perspective, I - like Todd -
welcome the 'familarity' offered by a Unix VM (such as an affinity for UFS
filename convention, rather than HFS+, and the transparency between my VM
running on Panther and those on OpenBSD/Linux). Familiar compilation procedure
is also a convenience. All of this is quite incidental in the greater scheme of
things - but if the choice is there, and it makes sense ....

Anyway, I digress! Thanks again for all the replies on this thread; as you
suggest, John, I'll do performance tests when and where necessary. Suffice it
to say that your Cocoa VM is to hand as well, should limitations of running a
Unix VM become apparent in the near future.

Warm regards,
Marc