TrueType

Ron Jeffries ronjeffries at acm.org
Sat Mar 19 19:44:34 UTC 2005

On Saturday, March 19, 2005, at 2:07:24 PM, Ned Konz wrote:

>> It's still cutting off the tops of letters and
>>the descenders, though.
>>
> If you inspect the font itself (open an explorer on a TextMorph and find
> the font), look at the 'lineGrid' (maybe in the TextStyle), 'ascender',
> and 'descender' settings. You can change the lineGrid and try again.

lineGrid is 14. There are no settings for ascender and descender
that I can find. There are three instances of TextStyle accessible
(that I can find, and two of them are identical, one is not). When I
change alignment on the one that occurs twice, it will right align
the next. Changes on the other numbers seem to have no effect.

> Where's the font itself available so we can look at it?

Attached. Please let me know what you find ...

>>And I'm also wondering, just a little, why Squeak is using 15% of my
>>CPU while it's minimized. 100% when I'm on the Graphics page. But
>>that's a whole 'nother topic, I guess.
>>

> What Graphics page?

The squeak project with all the morphs in it. I suppose it's the
animation that is drilling my CPU.

Thanks,

Ron Jeffries
www.XProgramming.com
Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to
accept what I can't and the incapacity to tell the difference. --Calvin and Hobbes