TrueType

Ron Jeffries ronjeffries at acm.org
Sun Mar 20 03:50:08 UTC 2005

On Saturday, March 19, 2005, at 9:19:45 PM, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

>> Bad font design. The ascender is set too small.

>   I think that the font designer wanted to have the characters
> overlapped holizontally and vertically.

Yes ... even if you just look at the alphabet in my "good" example,
you can see that the characters overlap in a very attractive
fashion.

>   We should fix the renderer.  It should benefit other languges, such
> as that require complex ligature.

That would be cool. As it stands, I think I'm stuck with C# ... if
it can do it right ... or with PhotoShop, which I know can ... but
I'd have to buy it!

Thanks,

Ron Jeffries
www.XProgramming.com
Don't confuse more exact with better.  -- Brian Marick