[MC][ENH] how do I remove a package from the list of required packages?

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Mar 20 14:28:16 UTC 2005

On 20 mars 05, at 13:53, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Packages do not know about their version. Indeed, what is "the"
> version of a package? There is often not only one version in your
> image. Like, what if you modified it? What if you merged in someone
> else's version?

I saw that.
Still been able to access some well named stuffs
>> (Package named: 'Bot-Pica') current/mostRecent fullName
>> 		'Bot-Pica-sd'
>> (Package named: 'Bot-Pica') current/mostRecent fullVersionName
>> 		'Bot-Pica-sd.45'
would help. So I will have a look. I was not willing to spend more time
on that since I was trying to do an automatic
sar creation from MC file but dived to deep. :)

Still the DumpSar functionality referred into the MC menu creation
method seems interesting (assuming that we could find where it is).

>  The closest you can get is looking at the ancestors of your working
> copy:
>
> 	(MCWorkingCopy forPackage: (MCPackage named: 'Bot-Pica')) ancestors
> 		collect: [:each | each name]
>
> Granted, only looking at the first ancestor will give you the right
> answer most of the time. But there is a conceptual problem assuming
> "the" version. Which is why these convenience accessors do not exist,
> I think.

I think that the code of MC would deserve a bit more class comments and
two or three printOn:
and this would help a lot. I did a printOn: but it was wrong.