UI hangups

Bruce O'Neel edoneel at sdf.lonestar.org
Wed Mar 23 10:45:33 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 11:23:01AM +0100, Cees de Groot wrote:
> And to add to the confusion, when the Linux images hangs it jumps to 99%
> CPU time.
>
> (I want a post-mortem image debugger ;))

Hi,

when the linux one hangs, you can connect to the running squeak process with gdb
and you might be able to poke around and see something.  Or not....

The other thing you mention is that the network still responds.  You could write
a little listener and hang it off of some port (say 8888) and then you could
connect and type squeak commands.  This would tell you whether or not the VM
is still processing squeak commands or if the VM itself is hung up.

good luck!

cheers

bruce

edoneel at sdf.lonestar.org