UI hangups

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Thu Mar 24 07:33:20 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 01:20:42 +0100, Cees de Groot <cg at cdegroot.com> wrote:

> (I've rewritten the retranmission code to use a single process, let's
> see whether that makes a difference)

Nope. Hung again. Oh well, at least I got to use the Heap class :P

The symptoms with the current image are the same - not 900 processes, but
lots of processes in identical state:

Semaphore>>critical:
Delay>>schedule
Delay>>wait

Looking at the implementation of Semaphore>>critical:, this method
shouldn't appear at the top of stack for a lot of processes - unless the
call to #wait is somehow inlined. Assuming that, it just appears that a
lot of processes are for some reason waiting on Delay's AccessProtect
semaphore. None of the processes is inside that critical section, however.
And it wouldn't cause 100% CPU time, would it?