Squeak Headless

Daniel Salama dsalama at user.net
Fri Mar 25 14:53:05 UTC 2005

Hi guys,

I'm curious as to how to maintain a headless squeak server. If I start
squeak on a linux machine upon boot up, is there a way that I can
connect to that squeak VM remotely without having to run X on the linux
host?

If that's not possible, say that I am running X and VNC-server on the
linux host and I VNC into the machine remotely, can I launch squeak
from the VNC session and connect to the running headless squeak VM?

If it's not possible to connect to the headless squeak VM, can I have
two squeak VMs running out of the same image? For example, the headless
squeak VM running, while the VNC session launches another squeak VM and
makes changes to the image. Is it possible? Will the changes made in
the image from one session be reflected immediately in the other,
headless, squeak VM?

Thanks,
Daniel