Magma (was: ODBMS querying (was: Multithreading))

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at cableone.net
Wed Mar 30 05:59:34 UTC 2005

Chris Muller wrote:
> Marten Feldtmann wrote:
>
>>OODBMS (Versant, Objectivity or Gemstone) have indices like the relational
>>counterparts, which can speed up a query very much !!!
>
> No one mentioned Magma, which supports large, indexed collections
> out-of-the-box.  It quickly and transparently pages to whatever key-range of a
> LargeCollection you specify, and presents it in key order.
>
> While it, too, has very slow bulk-load performance, I hope to alleviate that
> soon (I have been focusing on performance improvements for the last month or
> two).

Great!!! What is the current status of Magma?
Do you have a Monticello repository for Magma?
Or do I need to try the latest from SqueakMap?

I would like to start learning Magma from the latest release you
recommend or allow.

Its great to hear that you are working on Magma. I am kind of fond of
all Squeak solutions.

Jimmie