Magma (was: ODBMS querying (was: Multithreading))

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Wed Mar 30 15:54:55 UTC 2005

> Great!!! What is the current status of Magma?

Magma has been rocking the last few months.  There are many new features since
1.0gamma7 such as live class-evolution, support for concurrent development,
forwarding proxies, support most kinds of objects including Projects, nested
transactions and a lot more.

It is still not ready for commercial though.

> Do you have a Monticello repository for Magma?

Yes, http://kilana.unibe.ch:8888/MagmaTester.  This is the under-development
version but still more stable than the one on SqueakMap.

> Or do I need to try the latest from SqueakMap?

No, that's very old (1.0gamma7), don't use that one.  I hope to replace it soon
(< June) after I finish a finite list of important to-do items, including
better documentation.

 - Chris