[Fwd: asked for ISP donations?]

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Mon May 2 17:19:17 UTC 2005

I could even donate ISP support. I have done so, in fact, and still I
suggested to move to Bytemark and I even paid for the initial 3 months
or so.

Which means that either I'm completely daft or that I completely concur with:

On 5/2/05, Ken Causey <ken at kencausey.com> wrote:
> Another thought is that with the commercial server funded by voluntary
> donations we are more easily able to share the responsibility for
> maintaining the server.  In the voluntary hosting model a lot of the
> responsibility ends up on the hosting volunteer(s) and is very difficult
> to shift if needed.

Added to this is the problem that can occur if the single macaenas
changes his mind, goes bankrupt, the box crashes and no-one is feeling
like replacing hardware, ...