[Fwd: asked for ISP donations?]

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Wed May 4 15:23:43 UTC 2005

Am 04.05.2005 um 16:46 schrieb Marcus Denker:

> Am 04.05.2005 um 15:47 schrieb Lex Spoon:
>

>> And yet, exactly this has happened in the past.

We have:

a)squeak.org:  Webhosting somewhere, paid by Dan, I think
b)squeakland.org:  A community-owned virual box. Community account
                                manages by Cees, donations by Cees and
lots of others.

c)squeak wiki: Hosted by gatech.
d)squeaksource: Hosted by uni berne.
e)CVS: hosted by HP.

The new box would be a direct replacement for the b)
and a) (as we can't run a squeak based website there), and later maybe
d), if those who manage that think it's a good idea.

So I don't get how this would take away anyting "from the community"?
To the contrary: It makes the whole setup more open. E.g. when Cees
was running the stuff, everything needed to be funneled through him.
With the new setup (in place in the virtual server already) we are much
more
community based: There is a group of people that can fix stuff, get
new services running... it enables community, not destroys it.

       Marcus