[Fwd: asked for ISP donations?]

Bruce O'Neel edoneel at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu May 5 11:40:15 UTC 2005

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 05:28:31PM +0200, Marcus Denker wrote:

> Am 04.05.2005 um 17:23 schrieb Marcus Denker:
>

> >a)squeak.org:  Webhosting somewhere, paid by Dan, I think
> >b)squeakland.org:  A community-owned virual box. Community account
> >                               manages by Cees, donations by Cees and
> >lots of others.
> >
> >c)squeak wiki: Hosted by gatech.
> >d)squeaksource: Hosted by uni berne.
> >e)CVS: hosted by HP.
> >
> f) FTP by UIUC... how could I forget that?

The FTP site at uiuc is not getting updated anymore because it's
basically out of disk space.  For some odd reason it shows 50meg or so
free but I get a disk full message when I try to drop the free space
below 50 meg.

For now, at least, I've been treating the files area on the
box1.squeakfoundatin.org box as the ftp site and that's been
the one that has been updated.

It would be good if we could have more than one ftp site
and they could mirror the master one.  I asked John Klos
of ziaspace.com a while back if he would mirror the ftp
site and he seemed quite interested.  He gets free bandwidth
for free software project hosting.  At the time though
folks on the mailing list said to hold off since we'd solve
the uiuc ftp problem soon.

Just for reference, the last time wgot (wgetted?) the files
at home it took just a bit more than 1 gig and that was in
January or so.

cheers

bruce

edoneel at sdf.lonestar.org