Squeak Licence

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Fri May 6 12:22:56 UTC 2005

Cees De Groot a écrit :
> On 5/6/05, Lothar Schenk <lothar.schenk at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>>Unfortunately, the letter doesn't allow the spirit to count.
>>

> The spirit always takes precedence in case there's a conflict. Some
> people are just too fond of reading legal texts and toying with words,
> and they start to miss that. Apparently, this conference's committee
> is filled with such people.
>
> I pity them. There's a Real World out there where exiting stuff
> happens, and they let themselves be bound in a straightjacket of stuff
> that's made up, for pete's sake, by lawyers.
>
> But this will not help Stef getting his conference pass, I fear...
>
> Stef: why don't you twist it a bit and base everything on Croquet? The
> only license I've seen on Croquet is open source even by the
> definition of these people, and if you don't open the 3D stuff you
> could almost think you're in Squeak...
>
> (which brings me back to the point that, personally, I think we should
> drop Squeak, grab Croquet, and start working from there. Let VRI and
> HP deal with the license issues...)

Yes, excellent idea Cees ! We can drop Squeak and all be now Croquetters
;-) ... no more licence problem. But the licence page of Croquet is not
clear what is under the BSD licence : Croquet extensions to Squeak or
all the software with Squeak ?

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##