Squeak Licence

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Fri May 6 14:50:52 UTC 2005

Eh? It is that time of the year again? My, how time flies!

Serge Stinckwich wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 14:22:56 +0200
> Cees De Groot a écrit :
> > (which brings me back to the point that, personally, I think we should
> > drop Squeak, grab Croquet, and start working from there. Let VRI and
> > HP deal with the license issues...)

Exactly.

> Yes, excellent idea Cees ! We can drop Squeak and all be now Croquetters
> ;-) ... no more licence problem. But the licence page of Croquet is not
> clear what is under the BSD licence : Croquet extensions to Squeak or
> all the software with Squeak ?

You download a big .zip after reading that BSD-like license so any
reasonable person would assume that it applies to the whole thing. It
would have to be clear if that were *not* the case, with a link to the
SqueakL and an explanation.

How is that possible? Magic ;-)

To Alan's "let sleeping dogs lie" quote about licenses I will add "don't
look a gift horse in the mouth".

-- Jecel