Too annoyed with Zope: a Squeak alternative?

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Tue May 10 18:05:33 UTC 2005

On 10 mai 05, at 11:44, German Arduino wrote:

> Hi Lukas and others:
>
> Lukas Renggli wrote:
>>> From SmallWiki 1 to the final version?
>> I am sure somebody is going to write a visitor walking over a
>> SmallWiki 1 instance and producing a SmallWiki 2 model. Actually this
>> should be dead simple, as the basic structure is still the same, just
>> the object model is different.
>
> Knowing about SmallWiki 2 I've not migrated my swikis to SmallWiki 1.
>
> But, will exist some tool to migrate from actual Swiki to SmallWiki 2?
> (The tool that was developing Alex was to migrate to SmallWiki 1 if I
> not bad remember)?

We did two tries and we got distracted. Now we asked a group of
students to work on that and they started to have some results (not the
figures yet) and have some tests so we will see.
However in general this is true that lukas alone cannot do everything
so this is why we switched to Squeak with the hope that other groups of
people could use SmallWiki (without paying the VW
fee) and as such create more synergy around SmallWiki. I think that
anybody interested in wiki and somehow CMS will have to look at SW2.