Set a files timestamp or copy a file with identical date

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue May 10 19:30:26 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 07:49:37PM +0200, Herbert König wrote:
> Hello Tim,
>
> TR> It's horrible, unclean, tacky but it works reliably and is implemented on all
> TR> platforms but Windwos - which ought top be utterly trivial to fix if you care.
>
> in my digital signal processing world things are utterly trivial done in
> assembly (after I fought with it for about five years) but others
> roll their eyes when I say this.
>
> In squeak everything is still new and I'm on the other side :-))

If you're happy writing assembler, you'll be happy with slang.  Load
the VMMaker package from SqueakMap. This gives you everything you need.
There are lots of plugins (all named "*Plugin") that you can look at
for examples.  For what you are trying to do, you won't even need to
write any C (or assembler), just a few lines of slang that get translated
to C.

Dave