Set a files timestamp or copy a file with identical date

Tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed May 11 00:09:16 UTC 2005

Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM wrote:

> Tim,
>
> I don't know about VMMaker being all that simple.  The bit about not
> actually cleaning out the build tree before VMMaker generates the new C
> sources on a Windoze machine is quite a problem, and God help you if you
> inadvertently have an older version of the platform specific (i.e.
> Windows) stuff in there that doesn't match up with your current version of
> VMMaker.
Ah, well that's something to take up with Andreas. He was very definite about
wanting it that way. FWIW none of the other platforms do it. I've always
thought it a Very Odd Thing but then I use RISC OS so who am I to talk?

> It left such an unpleasant taste in my mouth that I still haven't gone
> back to try to sort it out.  Actually, since I got an iBook G4 to replace
> my ailing Sony Vaio laptop, I haven't paid much attention to Windows at
> all,
Very wise. I swapped an hp zt3000 for a pBook1.5 and it's so much less
stressful.

> but I do still want to get a usable VM running on my iPaq 2210.
> Yoshiki's VM's don't seem to play nice with Pocket PC 2003.  I always end
> up having to reset the iPaq to get out of Squeak.  I suspect it might have
> something to do with the way he initializes GAPI.
Yoshiki? Is there any  work around/fix for this?

tim
--
Tim Rowledge, tim at rowledge.org, http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Resistance is useless!  (If << 1 ohm)