Spoon progress 13 May 2005: multithreaded remote messaging, debugging

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Fri May 13 21:31:39 UTC 2005

Hi--

	While implementing remote debugging, I found that my remote messaging
support had problems when used with multiple concurrent processes. I've
gotten it to work now.

	I also decided to create the illusion that one is debugging a single
process. In reality, there are at least two, one for each object memory
involved. So far I've been able to just set context "sender" fields to
the appropriate remote contexts, and the debugger GUI shows all the
right stuff. No crashes yet, but then I'm not quite done with the
process-control stuff (restart, etc.).

	I can now say that this is not easy. :)

-C

--