Hosting [was: Re: image stripping information - where?]

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at fast-mail.org
Mon May 16 14:35:54 UTC 2005

On Saturday 14 May 2005 13:23, in a message called Re: image stripping
information - where?, Yar Hwee Boon wrote:
> On 15-May-05, at AM 01:18, Brent Vukmer wrote:
> > FWIW, I've been looking into using TextDrive, and I get the impression
> > that convincing them to provide Seaside hosting might be fairly
> > easy...
> >
> > But Avi's right.  How many folks are willing to sign up for a Seaside
> > hosting service similar to TextDrive's $12 a month plan
> > (http://textdrive.com/plans/) ?
>
> Of course, it would be subjective to the specs, but generally speaking,
> I would. And there has been several people asking about Seaside hosting
> on the Seaside list the past few months.

I "ditto" this.  I think $12/month is pretty reasonable.  For this price I
wouldn't expect a hefty environment.  However, I would like to tweak what we
would get for this price.  Eg. 500 - 800 MB disk space, 1 MySQL DB, 1 website
with email.  With Seaside the greatest need besides memory is disk space,
since images tend to grow quite a bit.  They do shrink after a while, but I
wouldn't want my app to start crashing/failing because I ran out of disk
space that I need only for a matter of hours.

--
Jason Rogers

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved
me, and gave himself for me."
    Galatians 2:20