copying class -> changes not recorded [DIAGNOSED]

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Fri May 20 01:08:57 UTC 2005

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 05:44:00PM -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
> I made a copy of a class and started messing with the copy.  While I was
> doing this, I noticed various symptoms consistent with an inability to
> find the changes file:
[snip]
The problem is the name of the copy ends in a digit, and the class is
a subclass of MorphicModel.  The latter contains some special code to
figure out if it should log changes:
acceptsLoggingOfCompilation
	"Dont log sources for my automatically-generated subclasses.
	Can easily switch this back when it comes to deal with
	Versions, etc."

	^ self == MorphicModel or: [(name last isDigit) not]

Presumably if I name my class Foo2v instead of Foo2 I'll get logging.

Whether the original class actually should be a MorphicModel is a
deeper question.  That constitutes one link between this secondary
problem (no changes) and my main one (getting some Morphic stuff to
work, which involves scrollbars, which involves MorphicModels).

But, it's nice to have one mystery down.