[ANN] SoapCore 0.7

Masashi Umezawa umejava at mars.dti.ne.jp
Sun May 22 08:22:50 UTC 2005

Hi,

> Excellent Masashi! I have been wanting to do some SOAP work in Squeak
> for quite a while. This is a good catalyst. Last time I checked progress
> of this project I think there was no way of generating stubs from a
> WSDL. Is that so? Any plans on making that available?

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, there is no WSDL support
right now, because its specification is too big for me.

In the next version (0.8), I'm planning to add some facility
to export SOAP services more easily like:

SoapServiceExporter export: someObj protocol: 'actions'.
    "Export all methods in 'actions' category"

So, it would become more handy to write SOAP applications.
The next step is to implement a WSDL processor to generate such codes.
Is there anyone who is already writing a WSDL parser? ;->

Best regards,
---
[:masashi | ^umezawa]