SqueakMap Release repository

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sun May 22 14:49:11 UTC 2005

Chris Muller <chris at funkyobjects.org> wrote:
> I'm having trouble converting one of my SqueakMap packages from a SAR download
> to just an MCZ.  I'm happy about being able to do it straight from Monticello,
> except it didn't work for me.  I tried from 3.8 and a stock 3.7 but get am
> getting a "send data timeout"..
>
> Not a hardware issue, I am on-line and able to open HTTP repositories on
> SqueakSource..

Just by the way, did you remember to put in your repository password
before trying to save?

If so, this still sounds like an HTTP problem, because of what shows up
at the top of the stack:

> HTTPSocket(Object)>>error:
> 	Receiver: a HTTPSocket[unconnected]
> 	Arguments and temporary variables:
> 		aString: 	'send data timeout; data not sent'

If you are still debugging this, then here are somethings to try.

Is it possible you are using an HTTP proxy that does not allow PUT-ing?

Could you try opening a Transcript while saving your stuff?  HTTP used
to print lots of info to transcript; maybe it still does.

As a workaround, you might want to try exporting your MCZ to a local
directory -- such as package-cache -- annd see if that works...  If it
does, then it's definitely something with HTTP, and anyway you'll have
an MCZ file that you can then upload using other means.

Lex