Refactoring Browser

Yar Hwee Boon hboon at motionobj.com
Mon May 23 15:06:33 UTC 2005

On 23-May-05, at PM 10:52, Guenther Schmidt wrote:

> When I open the Refactoring Browser, via the "open" menu, I get a
> Window seemingly identical to the regular System Browser window except
> for the "RB:" in the title bar.
>
> Then, when I click into the far left window (the category window), the
> text in the title bar switches to "System Browser: ...". So in short
> I'm not sure whether I'm actually using the Refactoring Browser or
> not.

You can check by bringing up the context menu on a class. The RB will
have the menus "RB - Class", etc at the bottom, whereas the original
browser does not. I think once you installed the RB, you will only see
the RB whenever you open a class browser (unless you try hard enough to
do otherwise :)).

> Also I don't seem to be able to make the browser show me the hierarchy
> of classes in my category/package.

I think you mentioned you came from Dolphin. Probably you are looking
for similar browsers? At least in a stock image, you can click the
hierarchy button in a browser to view the hierarchy of the current
class.

--
HweeBoon
MotionObj