Linux High Util issues.

Gerard Korsten gerard at shadowrain.co.za
Wed May 25 18:45:15 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'm currently running the VM: Squeak3.6 of '6 October 2003' [latest
update: #5429],
, with any of the images  (3.6, 3.7 and 3.8) and I'm having some issues
with High Utilization on a Gentoo Linux box

Whenever I open a MVC project, squeak hogs my cpu at 96% on a constant
basis.
This is a new empty MVC project, that contains nothing. It also opens
slowly,
and opening windows (like a browser) takes a bit of time.

On a Morphic project everything is fine, and my squeak seldom uses 5% of
the cpu.

Does anybody else have similar issues, and perhaps any idea where I can
start looking
to see what in the squeak mvc project is hogging the cpu ?

Thanks
Gerard