[Q] on Windows Registry

John Pierce john.raymond.pierce at gmail.com
Tue May 31 11:41:12 UTC 2005

Hi Alain,

If you already have the .NET 1.1 framework installed on your computer then
you can download the Squeak.NET <http://Squeak.NET> bridge (available on
SqueakMap) and at such time you know have access to over 3800 base class
items exposed in the .NET framework by Microsoft. Of course, there are
registry classes in the Microsoft.Win32 namespace. Here's some sample code:

localMachine := DotNet Registry LocalMachine.
software := localMachine openSubKey: 'Software'.
software subKeyCount -> 75

Regards,

John

On 5/31/05, alr <alr.dev at free.fr> wrote:

> I would like to write a small utility program for my job and i need to
> read
> the windows registry.
> I saw that Ned started a small changeset (Win32Registry-nk.cs attached) in
> 2002 but there was still a problem with it (could not coerce arguments
> exception). I do not know ffi enough and do not see exactly what the
> problem
> is.
>
> Did someone read the windows registry with squeak ? and How ?
>
> Your help would be very appreciated
> thanks
>
> Alain
>
> --
It's easy to have a complicated idea. It's very very hard to have a simple
idea. -- Carver Mead