[Q] on Windows Registry

alr alr.dev at free.fr
Tue May 31 15:36:48 UTC 2005

Well, I want to develop a very specific tool that will help our customers in case of installation problems by checking some keys in registry and some files, I don't want to add more pain by forcing them to install a runtime to run the tool that will help them in their installation problems ...
it must work on various kind of computers: W2000, W2003, WXP, W98 and terminal servers...

As you said I don't want  .NET , and I don't want VB either :-)
eventually, I will do this in Delphi :-(

Regards
  "John Pierce" <john.raymond.pierce at gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news: 73905280505310744f9dc268 at mail.gmail.com...
  No big deal, but I am surprised how many folks *do not* want the .NET framework installed. Was there this kind of resistance years ago to installing the VB Runtime on peoples machines? I mean, at the end of the day, it just some dlls that do not modify the machine. They just take up space on the box.

  With all the press and folks developing in C# I thought .NET had penetrated the market much more than folks seem to indicate. It is just curious to me that this is a concern since I don't really care if Microsoft .NET can be utilized or not on your customer computers, nor am I trying to advocate .NET over FFI.

  Regards,

  John