Smalltalk Solutions 2006

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 22:21:40 UTC 2005

Hey all,

I'm acting again this year as the semi-official Squeak rep for
Smalltalk Solutions.   So I'll be posting the official notices (like
the one below), and I'll also be hassling people to get Squeak-
related talks in - the deadline is at the end of this month, so we
don't have much time.  If anyone has an idea for a good talk - by
them or someone else - let me know.

Cheers,
Avi

------
This year's Smalltalk Solutions will be held in conjunction with the
Linux World and Network World Expo in Toronto, April 24-26. See
http://www.lwnwexpo.plumcom.ca/ for more information on the
conference in general. We are now looking for presentations
concerning all aspects of Smalltalk usage, both commercial and non-
commercial, and for all dialects and operating systems. That is to
say, even though the main conference has Linux in its name, it is not
a reqruiement that Smalltalk Solutions presentations involve Linux.

Note that the conference format will be slightly different from
previous years, with tutorials held on April 24th, ahead of the main
conference. Regular session slots will be one hour, rather than the
45 minute slots we have used previously.

To submit a proposal, please use the form at http://
www.lwnwexpo.plumcom.ca/sts_call_papers.cfm which also includes more
detailed information. You can also e-mail Alan Knight, knight at acm.org
with any questions.

Finally, and most important, note that the submission deadline is
November 30th, so get your proposal in as soon as possible!!!

Thank you,
    Alan Knight
    Smalltalk Solutions 2006 Program Chair